Ads

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Landmark Beta review

I've gotten myself a Landmark key ages ago and I played the game (not that long ago). 

It's a pretty good voxel-based game that focuses on gathering, crafting and constructing. You can claim a land for your won and build your cave, house, fortress or whatever on it, but you have to pay a sum to keep the land or the land will be returned to the game and someone else can come along and claim it for their own.

I was interested in this game since A. I like voxel games (very creative) and B. I like survival games too (gathering and crafting). However, I find the constructing part of the game a bit too complicated for someone who isn't a pro-builder like myself. The blocks are very tiny and there is no drag option (to quickly replicate the same blocks in a line) and I had plans to build a huge, double-storey house lol.

One of the stuff that I love the most in this game is the mining feature. You can practically dig yourself a cave in there :P There are also secret places on the map for you to find and explore. These places are usually caves and have monsters inside that you can kill :)

On another note, the graphics are amazing! It makes the block look realistic and not at all cartoony (like most of the other voxel-based games).

Lastly, screenshots! :)




P/S: Bam! I've written this within like 10 minutes lol :D

No comments:

Post a Comment